Re: 2 questions and parts request

To: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>, "aryasura"
Subject: Re: 2 questions and parts request
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:26:58 -0400
Replacing a rear clip or front clip is quite common and not hard to do IF
the shop knows what they are doing. The fact that the Roadster has a frame
makes it easier as the body alignment is not crucial to the handling of the
car but necessary for the shut lines. The key is finding a good body shop
naturally.

They'll probably cut the car where the door transom is as it's easy to hide
all the welds there and it is where the least amount of cutting is required.
To reduce costs gut the entire car yourself and give them a rolling shell.

But to be honest it may be cheaper and easier to buy another car. Probably
when all is said and done you're probably looking at 5K for the clip, body
work and paint alone. I paid about 3K for just a good paint job and that's
not all that expensive in metro areas of the country.

Mike