How much oil can you _really_ get into a 5 speed?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: How much oil can you _really_ get into a 5 speed?
From: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 01:22:02 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all.

Performed a whack of work on the roadster today, including
transfusions of all major (bodily?) fluids.

After using the tube and funnel trick (thanks), I found that I had
MTL spilling out of the filler after adding only 1.8l.  Is this
normal?  Does that much fluid remain in the tranny?

For what it's worth, the front end was up on jackstands while
draining, and it was filled on the level ground.

I figure that if oil starts draining out, the tranny's full, but the
book specs 2.6l.

I'm probably just a worry wart, but I know you guys have been through
this before.

Thanks

Dave
67 2000 - Shifting beautifully now.