brake lines

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake lines
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:40:05 -0500
I made brake lines for my 2000 a few years back.  The lines at the parts
stores have two different thread sizes, so resist the temptation to make
them fit.  I bought four lines and cut two of them to the proper length,
then cut the other two for the fittings.  I took the proper length lines to
my local Midas shop and let the expert there use his double flare tool to
put the correct fittings on the lines.  My tool wouldn't work.  I used his
tubing bender to shape the line, then took it home to install.  I replaced
both lines at the same time, and kept the best of the used lines as a
pattern for next time.

I also had Midas install a flexible pipe on my exhaust, along with the
correct connectors.  I don't like exhaust fumes.

Charlie and Gary, I hope all this Roadster fixin' is to get ready for the
Spring Fling at Buescher on May 5th.  See you there!

Leisure Suit Terry