Re: Hardtop info.

To: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>,
Subject: Re: Hardtop info.
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:23:01 -0700 (PDT)
--- Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com> wrote:

My question is, do some hardtop styles have noise insulation?

Steve,
Most of the hard tops are 2 layers of 'glass there is the layer that
you see in the interior and then there is the "roof" part. therefore
they tend to act like a "noise magnifier" if you will.

I would imagine that with a couple of well placed holes (well filled
afterwards, of course), some insulating foam could be shot in there to
fill the air gap. would certainly quiet things down a bit.

As to the rubber seal, I think Fergus O'farrel found a source for that
a while back.
Sorry if I spelled your name wrong, Fergus.

Roman
http://auctions.yahoo.com/