Re: Temp. gauge thermometer

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Temp. gauge thermometer
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:58:28 -0700
The piece that goes into the engine block with the little wire protruding,
how is it secured? Is there some type of gasket? My temperature was changing
a great deal so I checked the wire thermometer and it was just sort of
sitting in the little hole with nothing holding it in place. If anyone has
the end piece I would be interested in buying it, I can't stand not knowing
my temperature, makes me nervous. Thanks. Ted
        67 1600

Ted:

The piece is a metal ring, threaded on the outside on one end and about a
3/4" hex end on the other so you can get a wrench on it. One of our vendors
can likely get you a replacement. The thing that bothers me is how did it
fall off the temp sender if the wire is still attached? If it backed out of
the head, it would have just slid down the wire...

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311