Re: Brake Question

To: <Robert.Long@CSDInc.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Question
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:32:05 -0700
Every time I have to change the brake lining on drum brakes  I am sure to
rebuild the Wheel cylinders, it saves a lot of grief in the long run,
because they will surely LEAK.   When I assemble my wheel cylinder cups
(rubber) I soak them in brake fluid before assembly.  I Sand off any or all
things that are adhered to the metal wheel cylinder pistons, and soak the
pistons also.  I do not soak the rubber dust covers .  I do not use grease
for assembly, that is a contaminant.   Pat