Bad Vibrations

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Bad Vibrations
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:05:58 -0700
Hello All,

I have had my 1964 1500 for about a month now and I really like the car very
much. It's an attention getter and although it doesn't have the power of the
1600 or the 2000, it has a style all its own. It is more of a sporty touring
car than a sports car.

Recently, I have been experiencing a problem. The car has a vibration issue
that happens at harmonics from 20,40, and 60 miles per hour. I originally
attributed this to the need for a wheel rotation which I did. It helped a
little but the issue is still there.

I am now thinking it is related to the transmission. When I apply power I
can hear and feel a clanking sound that sounds like an issue with the drive
train and when I remove power I hear another clank and the vibrations cease.
Something loose? Transmission mount problem? I am going to take it in to
have it looked at, but I wanted to get some ideas first.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Andrew Murphgy
1964 1500
1967 2000
SoCalROC