RE: Tarry Stuff

To: "'C. Halsted'" <chalsted@nycap.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Tarry Stuff
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 07:07:18 -0700
I have heard of people (not Roadaterites) using a torch to heat it up, to
soften it up, so it can be removed easily.

Don't do it. Don't set your car on fire.

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.
SM 2000/2
FAX (650)312-5830

I have read, I believe in Classic Auto Restorer, that the best way to remove
the soundproofing material is to find a source and purchase dry ice, chip it
up and put a layer down on top of the tarry stuff. supposedly it causes it
to chip and flake right off the floor. no scraping, no fuss, no
muss....haven't had the opportunity to try myself, though.

Craig Halsted