Re: Interesting model Site (Getting OT)

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting model Site (Getting OT)
From: The Dread Pirate Roberts <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:14:17 -0700
Pretty cool stuff. This guy reminds me of a former supervisor of mine whose
hobby was
building 1/72 scale models of single-engined aircraft from the Pacific Theater
of WWII
(that level of specificity alone is enough to give you an idea of his
character). Anyway,
he would modify and detail existing kits to an absolutely incredible level of
detail -
we're talking a control quadrant in a P-40N with levers that moved (it would
sit on your
pinky fingernail) and a working (springing, folding and locking) undercarriage
on an F4F
Wildcat. The last I heard from him he had become dissatisfied with the accuracy
and level
of detail in the fuselage of the Wildcat kit he was using, so he was carving
forms to
vacu-form his own fuselage halves!

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA