Excitement

Subject: Excitement
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:26:15 -0400
I just got some more parts in and Im really excited so I have to write.  Ive
already
gotten the new +.020 pistons, all gaskets, all new timing components, bearings,
oil pump,
etc.  Today the magic HP stick came.  My new (reground) 290 degree, .490 lift,
asymmetrical lobe cam!  Yippee, I can hardly wait.  Its just about time to
stop buying
parts and start building an engine.  I also just sold an old bug-eye sprite
wire harness
for $200.  Can you say new air compressor.  Im going to go pick that up this
week.  Ive
been reading Frank Honsowetz book on hot-roding the L-series engine and will
use some of
this info on my 2 liter.  My Dad is sending my old die grinder this week.  If
Im lucky, I
ll get the block off to the machine shop this week too.  I hope to take a
little time to
put together a web site with many pictures as the engine work progresses.  Ill
have to
get into adjusting cam lobe wipe patterns along with the polishing and port
matching.
Should be interesting.
One further note  my new air compressor is not made in China  Take that,
commies!
Brian