Re: shifter bushes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shifter bushes
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 15:21:57 -0500
Henry,

Only time I ever managed to shear a roll pin in the
transmission was using the aluminum shift bushings!
The roll pin is what holds the shift fork to the rod.
Little 50 cent item, but a pain to get out of there.

I do like the crisp feel of the firmer bushings, but
they do transmit noise back into the car (buzzing),
but with a top down on a roadster you'd never notice
it.

Later I used a shorter shift lever, and heavier roll
pins, so never had the problem with shearing them. I
must admit that I can pull too hard on the shift lever
but have thought about using a nylon bushing to improve
the feel, yet not transmitt the buzzing noise.

Tom