Problem found!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Problem found!
From: "Annette" <squishfish@home.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 19:47:15 -0700
Well, we found the source of the smoke - as we were waiting on the rain to
abate I had a brain flash - the choke!  Indeed, the choke is sticking wide
open.  As soon as we manually put it back the smoke clears up and the revs
drop back to normal. Keep in mind, I've never dealt with a choke before so I
was pretty proud of myself to have figured this out =)

The boys are off to the parts store right now for a new oil filter and
hopefully an air filter as well - mine is just ...  missing and no one has
been able to spec one for me.  If they can't find one today I'll pull a carb
off this weekend and take it in for a fitting.

The compression check came out beautifully!  The readings were:

#1 - 140
#2 - 143
#3 - 138
#4 - 140

I was really expecting some problems here, and I'm extremely relieved not to
have found them =-)

I am getting to the point where I really need to see a 1600 around the same
year in good shape - I've NEVER seen a restored one in person before and as I
start to purchase the parts for the interior resto I am finding I don't know
what's supposed to be there!

If any NOWROCers are interested in cruising up to Vancouver this weekend or
next week sometime so I can check out your baby I'd appreciate it =)  I'd like
to do a side by side comparison, otherwise I'd come to you =-)

Anyway, back out to the garage with me, I have an oil change to finish!

-Annette