Re: Idle problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Stephan Sochoux <sochoux@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Idle problem
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:05:44 -0800
Hey Stephan!

One guess is that the fluid level in the carbs changed? The pistons must be
rising a bit to allow more air/fuel flow. Or maybe the piston(s) are hanging up
in the carbs (do the lift and thunk test). Are your choke and throttle cables
straight and unkinked?

If you suspect the distributor, with the engine warm try disconnecting the
vacuum advance (2 screws and the lever) from the plate in the distributor. Then
test drive again and see if the idle still climbs.

Good luck, Fred