Re: CL Guts

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Subject: Re: CL Guts
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:29:01 -0800
Robert,

I think you should go with a power adapter socket instead of a cigarette
lighter socket. Unless you need the lighter for cigars etc.

The power adapter sockets are safer for inserting and removing accessory
plugs. Most have better connectors for wiring. Also, be sure it has an
inline fuse.

I had a near disaster last year in my '66 Loosie coming back from Shasta.
Had a cell-phone plugged in the cigarette lighter socket, and the + wire in
back grounded out. Unfortunately I didn't have an inline fuse, and smoke
started billowing out from under the dash. Luckily I was able to reach
under and yank the wire off before anything got out of control. Now using
power adapters. Get them at any auto accessory store.

Fred - So.SF
'66 2L Loosie
'70 1600 Blondie
'68 2L