AzROC: Phoenix Picnic- You're ALL invited !!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: AzROC: Phoenix Picnic- You're ALL invited !!!
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:34:26 EST
First, thanks to the AZ Roadsters that expressed interest in getting together
- I knew you were out there somewhere !!!

Anyone willing to make the drive to Phoenix is welcome to come join us ( hint
hint  CA NV NM etc)

I've got the BEST ramada at Papago Park reserved for us on SUNDAY MAY 13th.
11:00 sounds like a good, not-too-early, not-too-late start time that allows
for travel from outside Phoenix. Planned are: BBQ. Burgers, chicken, dogs &
pop provided, but the rest will be up to you to help w/ potluck side dishes &
dessert. I have a "beer permit" and you are welcome to bring your own
(provided you bring an extra to share w/ me !   FatTire Amber or Woodchuck
Granny Smith Cider is always welcome  <G>)

Also planned is a Roadster Gift Exchange - just like at the christmas
parties, but it's gotta be Roadster themed !!!  This should be fun.

Hopefully some good ideas for a run/rally/meet of some sort later in the year
will come out of this.

I've got complete information & maps along with a registration form in a .PDF
at:

www.geocities.com/spl311rdst/picnic/azroc.html

I really need to get the info from the form back May 1st-ish so that I can
reserve "prime parking" for the Roadsters and get the picnic fixins
organized... I really wouldn't quite know what to do w/ 47 bowls of potato
salad!!  Because there really is no "club treasury" and I can't do this all
out-of-pocket myself I am requesting a $15/ per couple donation to help cover
all the costs. (If that's too much, then whatever you can help w/ is fine)
Honestly.. if I had the cash I would never ask.. but... well... you know.
Anyhoo....

Please let anyone not on the list know about the picnic - I can always mail
out the info to anyone interested. No need to have a running roadster - just
make sure to bring yourself !!!

If all goes well this could turn into a nice annual event for EVERYONE.

Feel free to call if you have any questions, or just to let me know you'll be
there: (make sure to leave a message if you get the machine!)
(602) 326-6844 or
(480) 782-1581 (home)

Thanks.... see you all on MAY 13th !!!

Laurie :-)