RE: Polyurethane Bushings

Subject: RE: Polyurethane Bushings
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:18:16 -0500
The upper and lower control arm bushings on the front suspension are
threaded metal pieces.  The most important thing to remember about these is
to keep them properly greased and keep the rubber boots around them in good
shape.  If they aren't greased periodically, they will wear and you will be
unhappy.  Replacement requires disassembling the front suspension.  There
are grease fittings at the front and rear of each upper and lower control
arm.  While your at it, ball joints, side rods (both ends), idler box, and
center tie rod ends all like grease too.  19 grease fittings in all.
Brian