Funny way to start things!

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Funny way to start things!
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:52:18 +0000
About that funny start up procedure, disconnect, reconnect, beep
horn....  Try cleaning the battery terminals and the inside of the
battery cable clamps with a wire brush. Then make sure you tighten the
clamps down snugly when you reconnect. If that doesn't do it, check that
where the clamps and wires connect on the battery cable are clean and
solid, not frayed. My clamps broke so I put new clamps on the cables,
and hadn't made sure the connection there was sufficiently tight. Some
corrosion developed there and then my car my car again developed the
same procedure to start  it up, except instead of the horn I listened to
for the electric fuel pump.
David Pina