rust coating question / saturday run

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: rust coating question / saturday run
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:14:38 -0800
Okay, so I've seen discussion of POR-15 and Corroless, what is the general
opinion of those who have used the Hammerite conversion coating product sold
at Home Depot?  At the moment, I bought a gallon (hope it doesn't turn to
stone) and have started doing appearance only panels (floorboards, etc).  I
think if I was to do a frame, I'd go for the "real" stuff.

Great fun run on Saturday.  Thanks to Victor and Gary for playing tour guide
thru the twisties.  I would never have driven so fast if I wasn't being led,
it was a real adrenaline charger.  I followed two Z's (Stan Wada's and the
red one from Group Z) and they couldn't have been different.  Stan's was so
flat around every corner it reminded me of watching F1 races, no lean.  The
other always wanted to lift the inner rear, no sway bar, fast but real
'sloshy'.

Great group.  Thanks to Andrew and Victor and Gary.
Fergus O, 69 2000