freeway...

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: freeway...
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:49:19 -0800
Buzzed down to NAPA today after installing the new seatbelts to see if I
could find a jamb nut to fit the choke assembly. No luck there, but not
really a problem. I just wanted to take the beast out play.

Then I spotted a freeway offramp on the way home. Funny how after a year
lying on your back under a car, the ordinary things escape you. Cautiously
getting her back on the road, I must have blocked out any knowledge of
freeways, or what they were used for. For some reason, I never saw any
onramps while test driving.

Until now.

A quick check of water temp and oil pressure and away we went. A bit louder
than I remember. Almost lost my hat in the slipstream, too. She roared along
without a hitch and I even got her up to the speed limit! Work with me
here--the car has been in the garage for eighteen years. Anyway, everything
is looking a lot more fun and a lot less greasy.

Will post more photos when the rest of the interior goes in.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=881168&a=6499541&f=0