Re: Rust, what rust?

To: "Gary McCormick" <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>,
Subject: Re: Rust, what rust?
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:02:07 -0600
Gary McCormick wrote

>You can't tell me your cars don't get rusty Down South! The worst
>heat/humidity I have
>ever encountered has been in Central Florida and southeast Georgia (my
>main areas of
>experience w/the South). I know that road salt is the major cause of
>corrosion in
>automobiles, but high humidity is pretty hard on cars, too - especially if
>it is coupled
>w/salt air exposure in coastal areas.
>
>Gary McCormick
>San Jose, CA
I grew up in Sid's neighborhood, Jacksonville FL, and rust is a thing to
contend with. You could tell a "beach car" 50 yards away.  My brother
recently moved from Jacksonville to Chico CA, and commented that
"cars don't rust here, it's weird".

-Marc

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
1965 L-320   (Still in CA)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX