Solex Vacuum Line Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex Vacuum Line Question
From: "WILSON,BOB (A-SantaClara,ex1)" <bob_wilson@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:02:51 -0500
Just bought 40mm Mikuni Solex carbs for my "being stroked" 1970 1600
roadster. My distributor is the non-smog type with both mechanical and
vacuum advance. Rallye says that the vacuum advance hose should connect to
the carb, NOT THE INTAKE MANIFOLD.  But they don't say why or where to
connect it when you have solex carbs.

My front solex carb has a small diameter brass tube sticking straight up.
Is this tube to be used for the vacuum advance connection for the
distributor? Then do I just plug up the 2 holes in the intake manifold?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Wilson