Re: Watch out BADROC!

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Watch out BADROC!
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:38:39 -0800
Yes, I got one of those letters. ROTFLOL (rolling on the floor laughing out
loud)! The idiots have all these restrictions on qualifying for the program.
I can't remember all the details but it went something like this.

They'll pay you $500 for your car to get junked. If it's running and
driveable in good condition. And it's continually been registered and is
currently registered. Etc.

Excuse me but I'll get a better deal donating the car to the Salvation Army
for the tax write-off. Or from parting it out. But I'm going to junk an
$8000 car for $500? ($8G is my minimum of what I want.) Meanwhile our loonie
politicians in SF just squandered a fortune on a new fleet of noisy
polluting buses for our Muni Railway, much noisier and more polluting than
the old buses because the AQMD allows them to average the pollution across
the entire fleet that includes their electric trollies. They're not being
socially responsible!

Fred - the Left Coast (time to move to Idaho)