Re: Throttle shaft

To: chriss@euregio.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Throttle shaft
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:57:59 EST
In a message dated 3/14/01 12:16:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chriss@euregio.net writes:

> Have a worn out throttle shaft on a 2000 SU-carb of course!
> Part NLA.
> Does anyone have an aftermarket resource for it?
>

> Chris-The Belgian Roadster

Hello all,

       The other fix for worn out throttle shafts is to turn them to a
slightly smaller diameter to make them round again. You also have to rebush
the carb body to make the hole round again. I have done several and it works
very well. If you know someone with a lathe or can find a decent machine shop
you should be able to get it done for a reasonable price. I am using oilite
bronze for the bushings and hand reaming them to fit. I suspect that they
will last a very long time before they need to be done again. If you do go
with new shafts (the stainless ones are very nice) you quite likely will
still need to rebush the bodies because the holes will be out of round.

                                                 keith williams