Re: First lesson learned

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>, <les@classicdatsun.com>
Subject: Re: First lesson learned
From: shifty <shifty@best.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:25:39 -0800
I used to start the car with the pedal to the floor and would crank for
longer periods. Usually was not hard to start if run recently - it does seem
to take a few cranks to get the fuel to the carbs.

I'm sure the mixture is rich, but fixing the choke might help. Carbs were
tuned at Solvang last year.

So proper startup procedure is:

SU - depress the gas pedal a small amount and turn the key. NO PUMPING

Solex - pump them 3-4 times to start

Leigh Brooks