Re: Roadster names was suspension assembly

To: "'shifty'" <shifty@best.com>,
Subject: Re: Roadster names was suspension assembly
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:41:12 -0800
Hello Betty and Sally!

The first few days I owned my '66 she more than whispered to me. "Clatter,
clatter, clunk, clunk..." and with some wierd bouncing during sharp turns.
Turned out that most of the shock absorber mount hardware was missing and
the shocks were banging all over the place, tearing at the mounts.

So that's why I named her "Loosie" (besides being a red color).

As for my '70, she got a yellow paint job. The paint guy got overspray on
almost everything, including seats, tires, dash, but missed some spots at
the underside rear and front that show (her "roots"). She screamed out for
a "Blondie" name.

Fred - So.SF
'66 2000 "Loosie"
'70 1600 "Blondie"