Re: Z Wheels on a Roadster

To: <BARTERDUDE@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Z Wheels on a Roadster
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:16:12 -0600
Don't worry Gary, you weren't the only one scratching their head when trying
to mount these wheels.  I mounted the same wheels on my car and love them!
I'm using standard 7/16 mag wheel lugs.  I found large wheel washers
(concave) that "just fit" inside the lug recesses in the ZX wheel.
When mounting, I use two of the original lug nuts to center the wheel on the
hub while I tighten the first two mag lugs.  After I get all the lugs as
tight as possible, I set it back on the ground and torque them at about
80-85 foot pounds.  I occasionally check the torque just to be cautious, but
they have shaken themselves loose yet.
This isn't the only option.  Others have machined sleeves for the standard
7/16 lugs and I think you can buy the "correct" lugs but they are REALLY
pricey I hear.
Best of luck!
Nathan

PS-picture of wheels if anyone is interested
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=123299&a=9876623&p=32832644&f=0