Re: How to make it shine?

To: "The Belgian Roadster" <chriss@euregio.net>
Subject: Re: How to make it shine?
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:41:12 -0800
>Chris - The Belgian Roadster Wrote -  Polishing the cam cover is no problem
as it is flat part. But what about the carburetors?

In my experience, the cam cover was very difficult. The casting had many
holes and as I cut, the more holes I uncovered. The  domes were relatively
easy. But they still required all the steps of sanding before they hit the
wheel. The throttle bodies were too complex for me to even try. I just
cleaned them up a bit and rubbed out the tops of the mounting boss a bit as
that area was flat.

> Is there some kind of spray or fluid to put it in that makes it look like
new?

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136