Rear Springs

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Springs
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 07:37:37 -0800
About the thread on the rear springs recently.
You talked about greasing the springs and wrapping them up.

On my car, I have dis-assembled the springs, sandblasted them,
DP40 catalyzed primer next, then gloss black automotive PPG paint.
In place of those felt pads at the ends of the shorter leafs I ordered
teflon pads
from Posies.  Hopefully it will glide freely without the mess.
Posies is a Street Rod place that builds suspension components.
Found it in a Street Rodder magazine
I thought that it would ride a little better.  I have no idea yet what
it will be like.
I just have the chassis done on my 67.5 so far.
I bought 8, that was 4 for each side at about $14 including shipping.
Bob