Re: Replacement parts

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacement parts
From: "Mark McInnis" <mcinns@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 21:04:16 -0600
I ordered timing parts from Carparts.com last fall.  They showed 2
of the timing gears.  The part numbers shown were the same part numbers
for 2 different manufacturers.  I think one set was designated for the H20.
The prices were higher for the U20 engine, even though the parts were the
same number.  When I called the company they could not
tell me what the deal was, so I ordered both gears from each.  The gears
were
the correct tooth count, but one didn't have the proper shoulder for the
offset,
and the other had a different shaft bore.  I returned both sets.  Both sets
that
arrived were from the same manufacturer, even though they were billed at
different prices.

I think the company might be fine for ordering shocks or parts like that,
but
not unique parts like these.  I was lucky because one of the guys on the
list
was able to provide the parts I needed.  Now, if the weather would only be
as easy to deal with.  I still have snow on the ground and temperatures in
the
20-30's.  At this rate, it will be Memorial Day before I can work in the
garage.

Mark McInnis

Mark McInnis