RPM and other important indicators

To: "'Adam Fox'" <adfox@iprimus.com.au>,
Subject: RPM and other important indicators
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:20:39 -0800
>Adam Fox wrote - I think the idea is you sit it on the dash, and you can
see it in your
peripheral vision without actually having to think about it or take your
eyes off the road.
-------

RIGHT!

Sometimes you've got too much to do. My little Autocross experience has
brought this to the surface. I could not tell you how high my RPM's were or
if I lost pressure or anything else about the condition of my gauges. You're
just too dam busy. Race cars have big bright lights for this stuff,
especially oil pressure, usually place high in the center of the field of
view. Oh, they have a gauge as well but, a gauge your brain has to
interpret, a light is either on or off. RPM limiters are a very good thing
as well.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
65 L-320 Pickup