Never finished!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Never finished!
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:55:10 -0500
  "I don't think it ever ends!"

  Well I hope not!  Half the fun I have with my 1600 is working on it and
fixing and beautifying one thing after another.  I bought my 1600 almost 5
years ago and then spent the next year getting the body rust free and
everything in running order.  Budget, not time, stopped me from a complete
frame off restoration.  Since then I have: rebuilt the rear brakes
completely, replaced and rewired an electric fuel pump, replaced the stock
alternator with a newer GM one and moved it to the 'cool' side of the motor,
played (I'm still learning how to 'fix') with the SU's several times, had a
bunch of OROC'ers in for the weekend to help rebuild the front suspension
including new ball joints and spindles, installed a roll bar, seats
recovered, new carpets, new shocks all around,  rewired the head lights,
installed driving lights with their own circuit, and a bunch of little
things.  Right now the motor is headless awaiting new valve seals and gasket
set.  And there is a new pre-smog distributor waiting to be installed this
spring.  Then, if I can find a few bucks left over, the new top I bought
last year might actual get installed on the front bow I had repaired the
year before.
  If I ever finish 'playing ' with this car, I'd get bored with it and have
to find something else to do.  I hope I never get finished!

Paul
OROC