alarming issues

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: alarming issues
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:40:42 -0800
A few things I have noticed on alarms.
1.  Mine makes a particular set of sounds if it has been set off while I was
away.  It has never been set off.  I would think of installing only the red
blinking light if I was to have the choice.  (option for that P-brake or
S-brake dash light hole?)
2.  One of the things to be found in junkyards is the old high beam foot
switch.  Nearly no one remembers what these are, they were very sturdy, and
can be mounted in all sorts of areas that only a toe can reach.  I agree
with Pat Horne that the several second delay helps, so I would think of
putting it in an electric fuel pump circuit.
just my .02
Fergus O