Re: Fw: Could've had a V8? Not from a TR-8!

To: darylsmith@telus.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Could've had a V8? Not from a TR-8!
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:46:52 -0000
Hi guys,

Is the V8 in the TR8 the same as the one in the Stag?  If so, it's not the
same as the rover 3.5litre.  It's actually two TR4 motors stuck together,
IIRC.

As to the TR7/8 itself.  I don't like them much, but they can't be THAT bad.
  A guy came third outright in the Targa Tasmania a couple of years back in
one (I think it was an ex-works rally car).  The Targa is a road rally (all
tarmac) that runs for 5 or 6 days, and any sportscar is in it, from all
ages.  www.targa.org.au is the site.  Check out the competitors from the
2000 race - particularly car 426 (hint - it's on topic!).

Anyway, the TR8 beat Porsche 911 Carrera 4's, Mazda RX7's, Nissan GTR's,
etc. etc. to get that position.  Not to mention a number of professional
drivers...