Re: Exciting day, long

To: casalp@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Exciting day, long
From: SRL311guy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 00:27:51 EST
In a message dated 2/18/01 9:08:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
casalp@earthlink.net writes:

> . I gave him a quick rundown on Sadies history. He pulled out
> his drivers license which identified him as Steve Fuerlhelm. I exclaimed
> Wow, are you related to Duane?" "My dad"  was his response. I again
> exclaimed "Wow!! your dad was the first owner of this car!!, it was one
> of his Factory race cars for '68."  He remembered those days  of the
> roadsters and his dad and
> uncle Dan Parkinson racing them. Steve was down from Oregon on a
> business trip and staying in the RV park just west of Candlestick Park. He
> heard the roar of motors and came over to check out the noise. He had no
> idea that SRL 701 was going to be there. In my excitement, I forgot to
> get his phone number and address.DARN!!

Great story David!
Isn't this racing history stuff great? Especially when you get to talk to
someone who owned, drove or worked on your car back in the day.

PS--Don't forget to share all that top secret SU info when if you get those
carbs. :-)

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA
1970 SRL311 #14100 "DAT2000"