Re: Nasty front end surprises

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nasty front end surprises
From: "Chris Robertson" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:59:24 -0600
Hi Victor,

Scary sh*t, huh?  The upper A-arm spindle bolts are notorious for loosening.
  It was recommended long ago to put in longer bolts and use nylocks or at
least lock washers and nuts on the ends of the new bolts.  IIRC, they are
7/16" thread.  I did this about 6 years ago with locktite.  I have had no
loosening since, knock on wood.

The broken sway bar is a weird one.  I can't imagine it was from stress, the
mounts would give first.  I agree w/ your buddy...must of had a weak spot.

BTW, how are those lightweight wheels working for you?

Have fun,
Chris