Re: interior changes/DATSUN HISTORY

To: "Ronnie Day" <ronday@home.com>,
Subject: Re: interior changes/DATSUN HISTORY
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:52:16 -0800
I bought my first roadster in the fall of 1972. At that time, my uncle
was installing a/c units on the 240Z cars because they didn't come
from the factory with the units installed.  Think about that one,
dealer installed factory options.....
Having crashed the new hot bike of the time, a 750 honda, I was
looking for some wheels and with my uncle being good friends with the
head mechanic, the head mechanic promised he would put the little
roadster sitting in the back of the lot back together for me so I
bought it for $1500.  At the time of purchase, my recovering broken
leg wouldn't bend far enough to work the clutch.  The roadster turned
out to be the best car I ever owned, except maybe for the one I have
now :)
daveS