RE: Oil Trouble?

To: "'sidney raper'" <spl310@hotmail.com>, slick1@mohaveaz.com, TRRACE@aol.com,
Subject: RE: Oil Trouble?
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:42:35 -0800
Sid Raper wrote - This may sound odd, but follow with me.  It could be
condensation dripping out.  If the car runs rich, the tailpipe will be full
of soot, and if the
condensation rolls through this buildup, it will resemble oil as it drips to
the ground.
------

There's nothing odd about it! Just take a look at the stains on my garage
wall! I've followed the chain about 2000 idle mixture with some amusement.
To me, the rich idle has been the "Nature of the Beast"! Old carbs, new
carbs needles and seats, same soot. Oh, I've tried to lean it out, only to
cut high end performance. Since I drive a true sports car, that is no
option. So let it run rich! Be proud of it's stinking breath. It's only
considered (by me) as "too rich" when it fouls the plugs in traffic.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles
SoCalROC http://www.ameri-eagle.com/datsun/