Re[2]: drilled and slotted rotors (long)

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re[2]: drilled and slotted rotors (long)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:22:21 -0800
Marc,

A very eloquent explanation of drilled/slotted rotors, very nice.
I've used them on my '66 for a year now with no problems. No fade, no noise.
I've also got the airdam which directs air currents to the brakes.

Does the airdam help appreciably in dissipating heat from the rotors? Also,
should I worry about doing any panic stops with drilled/slotted rotors? In the
past, with the stock rotors I have slammed on the brakes and skidded to stops. I
haven't had to on these drilled rotors.

Fred