RE: So.Ca.: Buick Alum. 215

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: So.Ca.: Buick Alum. 215
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:18:16 -0600
>Don't be so sure.  I got a quote from Yellow Freight (among others) to ship
>a 1600 engine from Jacksonville to Ohio and I was quoted $500 plus - that is
>with me supplying the pallet, securing the engine to it and delivering the
>pallet to the shipping depot.  The prices quoted were high imho.

A couple of years ago, before going out for Shasta '98, Gordon and I were
working on the possibility of my buying an L-motor from him and were
trying to figure out how best to get it down to Shasta so we could bring
it back with us rather than paying to ship it here. Turned out that with
all of the inter modal transfers and other complexities we could have
shipped it all of the way for less than $100 more than the $485 or
thereabouts that I was quoted for getting it from Renton, WA down to
Shasta. Interesting, but weird.

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)