Re: Engine Swaps

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swaps
From: "Daryl Smith" <darylsmith@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:38:50 -0800
I have been considering engine swaps for a while now & think for me I would
definetly stick to a four cyl. for several reasons:
1. Ease of installation
2. Weight - less weight is the same as adding horsepower
3. Milage - I want 30+ MPG thankyou

Of course a stroked R-16 (R-20?) with a big valve head from Dean, fuel
injection (tec-II or similar) and a supercharger should be able to put out a
fairly reliable 200 hp or close. with an electric fuel pump & the distributor
removed (modify oil pump drive) the supercharger "should"? fit nice and close
to the engine on the pass. side, plumb in an intercooler.

For probably 1/2 the cost an SR20-DET (aluminum block?) will be close to
75-100 lbs? lighter and give a very reliable 250-300 hp with no oil leaks. If
you want that much power.

I also like the KA24 or (sacrilege) Toyota 22RE engines. Both can give a very
reliable 175 hp without too much modification and will have tons of low end
torque.

My .02 worth.
Daryl
'66 1600