Rear End (was Re[2]: EFI / custom engine)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear End (was Re[2]: EFI / custom engine)
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:12:10 -0800 (PST)
About the different rear end, I've got a '70 1600 with 195/60/14 tires.
 I plan to replace these with 195/50/15, which is actually a fraction
of an inch smaller in outer diameter than 195/60/14.  It was suggested
to me that I might want to replace my 1600 rear end with a 2000 rear
end, as the lower tires turn my 3.90 into more like a 4.11, reducing my
top speed and increasing RPMs at a given speed.  Any thoughts?

Adam
1970 1600
1967 1600 (probably sold this Saturday)

http://auctions.yahoo.com/