Re: How much?

To: "Jeff Etheridge" <maurell@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: How much?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 13:18:10 -0500
Jeff,

Depends on the condition of your bumpers and location. I had an excellent
bumper replated several years ago and it cost me 225.

Dents and pits usually cost more to repair. If you're bumper is pitted you
better ask them if they use  copper plating as that's what is used and
buffed out to remove the pits and if the pits are really bad they'll have to
weld them or silver solder them. Nickel, copper, nickel, chrome and if you
want you're plating to last almost forever ask them to zinc plate it first
and then the nickel etc. That's how they did it years ago.

Mike