EFI U20 was engine for custom

To: "ROADSTER (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: EFI U20 was engine for custom
From: "Erickson, Philip" <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:25:58 -0800
I would like to say it was of my own creation, but the credit needs to go to
Rob Robinson/SDS/TWM.  He is ready for something new and I am buying his
"old" set-up.  So out with my "old" solex motor and standard ratio 5-speed
<grin>.  I have some plans for the future, but first I want to get some
experience tuning the SDS EFI, so I am going to use his complete set-up from
radiator to trans.  With a little luck, I hope to have my roadster running
again for Solvang.  Thanks ROB

Oops forgot Daniel's questions.  Right now I have a Solex U20, "B" cam, comp
oil pan ... that I rebuilt several years ago with all new Timing components,
oil pump...all the usual stuff except I didn't rebore.  It all started when
I decided to check the timing.  The marks looked a little funny, so I decide
to check the thrust of my engine.  The thrust of the crank was out of spec.,
so I ordered some new main bearings. In the mean time, I put some Red-line
trans fluid in to my trans, it may have dissolved the red loctite I used on
the main shaft "double nuts" because they came loose and fifth gear in my
trans quit again, so now I am going to pull the engine and trans anyway and
I have always wanted an SDS with TWM throttle bodies...Rob's set-up came up
for sale... I had the money burning a hole...I can get it done in time for
Solvang...and I still need to finish installing my 66 dash with Autometer
gauges.  Maybe I will get new rims next year, or just have my Libra's
polished
Phil

Philip Erickson