For Sale: EFI U20 (repost due to new email address)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: For Sale: EFI U20 (repost due to new email address)
From: "Rob Robinson" <rob@t-3.cc>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:05:43 -0500
For Sale:

        -U20 engine

        -programmable EFI

        -2 5-speed transmissions

        -4 row radiator

        -electronic ignition

        -Other goodies

        Engine details:

        Standard bore, standard bearing journals, unmilled block. New main, rod
and
jackshaft bearings, Total Seal rings, New water pump, aluminum 7.5qt oil pan
with competition insert, head milled .020", cam towers shimmed .020", New
bronze valve guides, New valve springs, New "B" cam, New timing
chains/guides/sprockets/tensioner, external oil supply line to head.
Flywheel lightened and balanced. Has always had Mobil 1.

        EFI details:

        Simple Digital Systems (SDS) programmable fuel injection. Easy to
program
as you drive with small handheld control unit. Closed loop option for use w/
oxygen sensor. Stock Solex manifold, TWM 45mm throttle bodies, TWM 30mm full
radius air horns, ITG air filter, injectors, fuel rail w/integrated fuel
pressure regulator, linkage. The system is fully dialed in, runs flawlessly
under all conditions. YOU WILL NEED TO SUPPLY YOUR OWN FUEL PUMP. I'm using
a stock pump from a 280Z/ZX.

        5-speeds:

        One Nissan Competition middle-close ratio with all new bearings, new 1st
and 2nd gear syncros. One stock ratio, I've never run this one, but I opened
the case for a visual inspection - the bearings look new and everything
looked spotless with very clean oil, as if it had very recently been
overhauled. Includes drive shaft.

        4-row radiator:

        I had this one made about 7 or 8 years ago, stock tanks with a 4-row
high
efficiency core. Using this radiator, my car has never even come close to
overheating, even idling in 95deg+ weather after a fast autocross run.

        Electronic ignition:

        Nissan factory ignition - 310 distributor with U20 lower shaft. Includes
spare ignition module. Late style coil (300ZX/Maxima/etc)

        Other goodies:

        Fairlady Products header, New 80 amp alternator (84-85 300ZX), new gear
reduction starter, wiring harness for use with lawn tractor battery. SU
carbs and manifold for U20 with recent floats and bushings. Also many other
spare U20 and R16 engine parts.

        Overhauled less than 6000 miles ago in 1997, items listed as new were
installed during overhaul or later. This would make a VERY nice package for
anyone who wants to autocross in CSP. I've never had any significant
problems with any of the items listed above, they are all working perfectly,
I just want to move to E modified with a bit more power than the U20 can
produce. I'd like to sell the complete package, but I might consider selling
individual components if I don't get any offers on the package. The engine
is still in my Roadster, so I can provide detailed pictures, let you hear it
run, or let you drive it.

Package price: $3500 firm.

Price does not include shipping.

Rob Robinson