National Datsun Meet and Shasta

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: National Datsun Meet and Shasta
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:38:24 -0800
CalSpeed wrote:

"Why should we go to a National Event when we have several in the area
already?  We have Shasta ... Solvang ... Surfside ... BADROC runs ... SoCal
runs...  Carlisle... Limerock... Ross's BBQ... etc etc etc....!"

Every once in a while I check the USGS seismic sites for information about
earthquakes. I read an eyeopener today. The Mt. Shasta region has had over
30 quakes in the last few days, 8 of which are over 3.0 in magnitude. The
most recent posting as of 12/20/00 shows 26 quakes over 2.0 that day, 7 of
which are over 3.0, and 2 that are 4.3 and 4.6 in magnitude. It seems that
the mountain may be preparing for surface activity not seen in over 100
years.

http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/122-41_full.html

So, not to alarm anyone, but someone ought to set up some major Datsun
events in Colorado or elsewhere, as a backup get-together site. And the
sooner the better! The Cascade Range and the Sierra Nevada may pre-empt our
little gatherings here...

Fred - So.SF