Holiday meet in the heat

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Holiday meet in the heat
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:04:16 -0800
Hello All,

Well, six cars showed up for the SoCalROC holiday meet at the Irvine
Spectrum in Anaheim. We had visits from other members whose cars couldn't
make it but they came by anyway. Although the meet was ostensibly to say
goodbye to my 67 2000 Solex as it goes in for restoration, it turned out the
way it always does- people just getting together to talk about the cars.

The Attendees:

Andrew Murphy           1967 2000 Solex (Will be gone for a while!)
Liz Vipond              1970 2000 Solex (Awesome!)
Tom Meyer               1967 1600
Roman Rist              1970 1600 (The famous $500.00 car)
Fergus O'Farrell        1969 2000 (The tallest guy you will see in a
roadster)
Craig Carter            1970 2000
Les Cannaday            RHD Z

It was hot for December. We are having a bit of a heat wave right now. It
was 80 degrees out there in Irvine. A far cry from me transiting the
grapevine the night prior feeling like a human popsicle! The new 70 2000 Liz
and I picked up is REALLY fast. I forgot to mention that it also has a
Limited Slip Differential and because of the lower gearing makes the car
leap forward when accelerating and when you reach the apex of a turn and hit
the gas you can feel the positraction throw you out of a turn like a
slingshot. The autocrossers are right. If you want to race, you need one of
these.

We met and talked cars for a while and then went in to Dave and Busters for
some food and spirited driving in the simulations. A fun time was had by
all. A great way to end the year. I am looking forward to many more runs and
meets with my SoCalROC buds. It really is the time of my life when I am
driving my car and enjoying the day.

Happy Holidays to all!

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex
SoCalROC

P.S. Here are some pics at my photopoint site

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=172261&a=10507310