'Nother Cylinder head question

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 'Nother Cylinder head question
From: "Henry Bahn" <hbahn@home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:43:55 -0500
It has been said that the cast iron head can produce as much as 6+ hp more
than an aluminum head in a modified R 16 race motor.  One possible reason is
better heat distribution . . .
But there must be other reasons for such a difference.  I've had several
people say the changing heads (same specs, al. and CI) on the same engine
show significant differences on the dyno.
Bill Wessel - are you out there?  Did Col. Joe ever experiment with heads?
JH Bahn

PS - My spell checker always wants to change "Wessel" to "Weasel" . . .