Re: steering wheel, Rareitis

To: CalSpeed@aol.com,
Subject: Re: steering wheel, Rareitis
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:58:35 -0700
Michael,
I guess I have a touch of "rare-itis". I have a "rare" Datsun roadster,
which is the "rare" 67.5 2000 model, which is  "rare" never been street
legal, race car, which is a "rare factory sent race car"( see Dan
Parkinson pages at www.datsun.org/fairlady/701Parkinson.htm) which had a
few top 10 finishes finishes at the National Runoffs, ( how many race
cars have that kind of history?), which was in a Datsun TV commercial, (
see previous question) which still has some rare BRE parts, and the rare
luck to not have sold something so rare, not knowing what I had. I'm
sorry. Forgive me? It is a vicious little bug.
I picked up the 70 1600 as a parts car, but I got a spare 5 main bearing
R16 with it that looks pretty good. I found a matching set of U20
connecting rods with stock .20 over pistons in my spare parts bin, have
a spare set of 2000s SUs, header, 5 speed, Hmmmmm. If I only had a spare
$ to finish restoring 701 and start a new" street" car. Honey, mind if I
draw on the line of credit to rebuild ANOTHER Datsun roadster?  :-)
Don't look at me like that!!! I'm only kidding!!!!!
David Pina