Steering wheel question?

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering wheel question?
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:24:36 -0700
Roadsterites,
Earlier this year I traded a small motorcycle for a 70 1600 parts car.
Among the many usable parts was a leather shift knob with the Datsun
emblem in practically brand new condition, but also in not as perfect
condition, a 13 inch  leather or simulated leather steering wheel. It
has a 1 1/8 inch thick rim, three spokes with a black  matted finish,
plastic vinyl textured black center hub/ horn button with the Datsun
emblem (very faded) in the center. The spokes are made of aluminum, with
nine star headed screws holding it to the hub, with a pattern exactly
like the Moto Lite steering wheel on my race car. The mounting hub is
also painted with the black matted finish. I can't find a brand name on
it anywhere. Was this a factory option on roadsters, dealer installed
option, or a compilation of after market and stock parts?
David Pina