machining rotors

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: machining rotors
From: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:06:38 -0800
Would like the group's opionion on machining rotors whenever replacing
brake pads, on roadsters as well as newer cars.

Just how necessary is it providing the rotors are not warped or scored?  I
hate to take metal off the roadster rotors if I don't have to and hesitate
to spend the extra money on newer cars too if it is not necessary.  I do
realize it is standard proceedure but wonder if it is done more to generate
revenue for the shop than anything else.

Thanks,

Ray

68 1600
68 2000